Monday, July 23, 2007

HERE WE GO

1, 2, 1, 2 ARE WE ROLLIN' ???
WELCOME EVERYBODY
TO
CHIE'S NEW BLOGSITE!!!!!
HELP CHIE AS SHE BATTLES BACK DOWN THAT LONG AND TEDIOUS ROAD TO RECOVERY
FOR GATHERED SUPPORT, UPDATES, AND NEWS



Well, after much time and much support from the ICC (Thanks) I am going to give this a try in hopes that it will allow me to update everybody with a little more frequency than my current rate of update.

A MUCH DESERVED THANK YOU
Let me begin by saying thanks to so many of you for all your help and continued support without which Chie and I would not have made it this far. We are just over the year mark and when I think back one year ago and who was there and who helped me keep my sanity, gave me direction and the support to push on at a time when I was so lost and overwhelmed with shock and emotions. I break out in tears just thinking about it but do want you to know it is not forgotten; Our families here and in Japan. My sister,Bao and Steph for all the long evenings at the hospital, Trotta and Mel, Lauren, Bubba, Kev, Rosetta and all the McCreas, Catherine for the essential, Mike at Campissis, Bill from After Hour Services for home repair and making sure we had light and could use the bathroom when relatives flew in, Delton for the advice, Friends old and new for the long hours on the phone in the middle of the night, from BT up on the Alaskan North Slope, Timmy way down under in Oz, Petey in England, JOJO in Osaka and frends all over the world thanks for the ear, The Richland Family Noelli, David, Bao, Kathy, Flor, Pablo, Babs, Mary, Diane, All, all of you at Richland for the auction and all that you do, the Aschners /Sitrins for the many wonderful meals and rock solid support, Kayla for gathering support, OPAQUE for the musical support Nicholly Craig thanks, Ricky for the clothes, Hiroe & Aunt Pammy for the long luch visits to Kindred, All KINDRED STAFF and DR PERIJOC, the stars at Silberstein, Debbie and Ron at the STring Bean, Tamako and Ino at Ino, Masudasan Sensei for Osechi Riori and her students Keiko and Akiko for giving us our second wind, Japan America Society, Akiko & YurIka at Ichijo for our steady japanese diet (anta ichiban yo), Kazuko and ... uh.. ger.. main... RAYMOND! Keiko Shimoida, the kind staff at Po' Melvin's, Chubby's, Sheila Mayfield, Ernestien, New Orleans & Laura at CNS who are worth their weight in gold, Tim & Kaori, Jean Antoine, Yukimi, Noriko, Barry& Jun, Yasushi, Yoshi, Saori at Develop, Ayami, Gonchan, Hattasan. the Coker's, Julia Keith, Tim & Kaori and all continuing to come, AND the ICC for getting this going and giving us a breath of hope.
There is really no way for me to put in words how much it means and how greatful I am for all that you have and are doing for us. As I have said before, it is the kinds hearts of people like you that we owe this recovery to. You are our heroes. We are eternally indebted to you for making this possible.
Thank You,
David Blumenthal.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

David I think this blog is a brillant way to keep us all updated. I know how hard you have worked to try and keep all of yours & Chie's friends and families updated on her progress.
I am so impressed and amazed at how far Chie has come since a year ago and I know she has worked so hard and not given up on herself and her recovery.
You deserve a lot of credit as well David. You have been there 100% for your wife since the very first day. I remember you were the one who cleaned out her mouth and thought of giving her the lolli-pop to help her start using her vocals and to jump start her on learning how to swallow again.
Remember the book you made for her when she moved into that first facility? You thought of making it so that when her guests would come and visit her we would know exactly were she was in her recovery/therapy. This way if you weren't there, we all had a guideline we could follow to work with Chie and help her progress and not slow down the recovery process in anyway for her. That was such a wonderful idea you came up with and it deeply touched me and so many others who saw that book. It showed how much you love Chie and how commited you were to doing everything you could possibly do to help her. And that was only the beginning...
Chie has come so far and I know the both of you will fully recover from the tragedy.
Love you Chie & David!!
Lauren

Veronica Blevins said...

Hello Chie and David!
I don't know if either of you remember me or not, but I was a PT student at CNS when Chie first arrived there. I have continued to think of you over the years and have wondered how you are doing. I'm so happy to have found this blog so I can "catch up"! I'm going to start at the beginning and read on. Happy new year!